2023-24 - UPPER DECK - SERIES 1 HOBBY BOX
**Contact for Pricing & Availability**
Release: (NOVEMBER 1, 2023)
• Upper Deck’s Flagship Series Has Been Refreshed! We’ve made notable changes to the Upper Deck Series to deliver an even more compelling collecting experience!
For the first time in more than 20 years, we’ve changed the configuration (cards per pack/packs per box). We’ve also increased the number of inserts per pack and have expanded the base set parallel lineup. And while the configuration has changed, we’ve maintained the Young Guns® card count (6 per box, on average). In summary:
o Three (3) inserts per pack, on average (formerly 1 per pack, on average)
o Four (4) new base set parallels, three (3) of which are serial-#’d
o No change to the number of Young Guns® cards per box (6, on average)
• Series 1 sports the first 250 cards of the 2023-24 Upper Deck base set. Annually, the Upper Deck base set is the most widely-collected base set in hockey. The set includes 198 veteran cards, 49 Young Guns® cards (the most anticipated rookie cards of the season!) and three checklist cards. As noted above, we’ve expanded the parallel lineup. Here are the new parallels:
o Outburst Silver
o Deluxe (#’d to 250)
o Outburst Red (#’d to 25)
o Outburst Gold (#’d 1-of-1)
The returning & ever-popular Exclusives (#’d to 100), High Gloss (#’d to 10) and Clear Cut (Hobby-exclusive) parallels round out the impressive lineup that gives collectors a great deal of desirable cards to chase. Are you ready to hunt 1-of-1 Young Guns® cards?!
• Fans and collectors alike will be blown away by the UD Portraits cards! The latest version of this classic insert portrays star veterans and rookies like you’ve never seen them before! No two portraits are the same. Collect at least one (1) UD Portraits card per box, on average, and keep an eye out for Silver Frame (#’d to 99) and Red Frame (#’d to 25) parallels, as well as printing plates.
• UD Canvas®, a longtime favorite among collectors, returns featuring a collection of the top stars in the game today along with the best of the Young Guns®. Series 1 contains the first 120 cards of this intra-series set. Collect four (4) cards per box, on average, and keep an eye out Hobby-exclusive Black & White parallels as well as the printing plates from all 120 cards.
o Chase Card Alert! Look for super rare hard-signed & hand-numbered UD Canvas Signatures cards.
• New Insert Sets! The latest edition of Series 1 sports an impressive lineup of new insert sets sure to please everyone, from the casual fan to the avid collector:
o 200’ x 85’: Each card in this set features a player (star veteran or top rookie) on a hockey rink backdrop - with both the player and the rink treated with Lite FX. Collect two (2) per box, on average, and look for Gold, Red (#’d to 99) and Black (#’d 1-of-1) parallels!
o Special Edition: Each card displays a current star veteran or top rookie on an elegant design. In addition to the regular cards, look for rare Red and Gold (#’d to 50) parallels.
o Star Surge: This set showcases rising stars. In addition to the regular cards, there are rare Red Die-Cut and Gold Die-Cut (#’d to 25) parallels to collect.
o Star Zone: This set is comprised of many of the veteran stars in the game today. Keep an eye out for Red and Gold (#’d to 50) parallels.
o Stat Box Fillers: The checklist consists of current stars that routinely fill up the stat sheet. Keep an eye out for rare Gold parallels and printing plates.
o Teacher’s Pet: Each card in this fun set sports a player “report card” and highlights the skill for which each player in the checklist is best known. In addition to the regular set and its printing plates, there is also a rare Gold parallel set.
• The Population Count insert returns after a successful 2022-23 debut, but with a twist. This season, each card will be printed on acetate stock! There are seven different print runs (1000, 500, 100, 50, 25, 10 and 1) of this unique 30-card set mimicking slabbed cards and featuring top-tier stars and rookies. Everyone will be chasing the low-print run versions!
• The popular Honor Roll® and Dazzlers inserts are back as well. Both are intra-series sets and their Series 1 checklists are comprised of only star veterans (collect rookies in Series 2!). Look for Silver (#’d to 250) and Gold (#’d to 25) parallels of the Honor Roll® cards, as well as printing plates, and both Blue and Pink versions of the Dazzlers insert! Each box will contain, on average, one (1) Blue Dazzlers card.